I actually kind of like the idea of having Fearless in there as I think of it. His own teleport tech would have to have been jammed along with the rest of the Alliance and it would also kind of be fun to have him reunited with Bombshell considering how he left off the last time.
My plan so far is having the 4 (or a fifth if someone else wants in) be teleported from different places. Bombshell from her main office, Shell while working on his suit, Blue Jay probably just as he finished tying up the bad guys, and Fearless as he talks to his brother about this device he found.
They all end up in a blown out warehouse as a tank goes by. Looking out, Bombshell spots a Canadian flag, realizes they're in Canada. Calling the base, Imp picks up, brief exchange, Azumorph and Peligroso come in. Azu picks up on them being in Canada asks if they're alright, they find out that the teleporters are being jammed somehow and that they can't pick them up. They are also informed about the state of the country (it's plot exposition, it's got to go somewhere) specifically to the facts that the skies are patrolled (flying's out) and security has increased on transit systems asking for paperwork and such, aka they're stuck walking. SHELL and possibly someone else are sent out to pick up some clothes from a store and they set off on their journey.
The Journey entails them having to dodge military personnel, try and deal with super villains without drawing attention to themselves, and all in all, getting through a country and learning about why they're so terrified of meta humans. At one point they see a kid who developed super powers and was found out get lynch mobbed and they have to decide will they blow their cover and save the kid, or stay under wraps and let nature take it's course.
By helping the kid, the country suddenly turns against them and eventually they find themselves surrounded by MAPLE troopers. Wireless runs in distracting them (He's kind of been the most hunted thing in Canada since the news started reporting him and Shock as the same person) and this gives the heroes their opening to disarm them. Wireless agrees to help them get out of the country by breaking into Tech Inc labs which has their own teleporter.
They break into Tech Inc labs and fight their way to the teleporter but unknowingly accidently release Tiny as they do it (A super villain who had been captured. Not exactly evil... just a really REALLY big guy with hulk like mentality who only knows how to smash and hate) They fight their way through eventually knocking Tiny out and getting to the teleporter making it home.
The scene ends with them all parting ways (Wireless hitched a ride because he really didn't feel like fighting his way out of Tech Inc and he could always just super speed run back to Canada) and then cutting to the mysterious hallway with a shadowy figure speaking to the unknown villain saying how the experiment was a success and they discovered how to hack the heroes' teleportation device.
So tell me what you think so far. Questions? Concerns? Claims as to who wants their hero to do what at what part?
unmasking him is fine
... or... Humans Unite, eh?
Macattack [..] wrote:
I've been brainstorming some ideas for my "Heroes Alliance Underground" issue..... "Heroes Alliance Front Lines"? "Heroes Alliance Tenacious Teleporter"? "Heroes Alliance Discretion is Key"? .... I'll work on a title later...
The Ecotist story written by Hero
Humans Unite? :3
more more more chapters
This is a plot point from Energize: Hunted and the HA/HU Crossover but not anything of a real spoiler. After "Heroes Divided" there will be NO HEROES UNITE INITIATIVE.
The HU is getting shut down in the wrap-up of the Hunted storyline. You have probably seen that the HU Comic is relaunching but that will NOT be returning the HU in the same format.
As for how this effects Heroes Alliance is down to Abt_Nihil but i thought it was worth mentioning. Some of the stories that people come up with are based around the HU involvement in some way so I thought you should know early on that after HA#7 (i think?) the HU will be gone.
@Nepath: Seems as good an idea as any to post that here, as it will be an undeniable fact once we get there.
@MacAttack: Titles... "Hidden in Plain Sight?" ... Nah, too long, even for me. I'd suggest "Persons of Mass Destruction" to take a cue from Tvtropes. But meh, we'll work on it.
Everyone: I'll be gone for a few days, so don't expect me to be active here before next Friday.
1. If it's okay with you guys I'm working under the pretense of this being a longer issue but it's going to take time to really flesh out all your characters for people who haven't read through all the issues. Canada is a place that is terrified of meta humans and the media has been pointing out all the dangers of them. Therefore what would really help make this a lot richer is to point out an area that your hero is nervous about with their power. I mean a lot of these heros have the power to destroy an army if needs be and a lot of their responsibility is depending on their own character or discipline. Which accusation would hit them hardest? would it be "How are you fit to be a judge!" or something similar? Hope that gives the basic idea of what I'm looking for but it would be cool if I could have each of the heroes really have to take a moment and question if what they do is right
2. Super heroes are not allowed within Canada's borders (well technically it's super humans but villains rarely listen to the laws) because of this the world's super villains tend to come to Canada like it's a vacation spot. If you have a favourite super villain you'd like to have appear and have them deal with let me know who they are and what they're like.
As you can see I'm trying to really make a balance between action and deep thought in this issue. Anyways, if anyone has any input just let me go. I'm liking how this story is shaping out =)
This is probably quite vague, but I hope it somewhat helps. If you have any specific questions, I'd certainly answer them!
In fact, I have been developing a character for such a story. It's one which I would like to see as not requiring permission to use--a Heroes Alliance (and related comics, if people would want) free floating character of sorts. And I just love the character so far--and hope you guys do, too, if this project idea ever goes further forward.
dsandgnat [..] wrote:
A hero is caught in a costume/identity change by an undercover newsperson. The newsperson threatens the hero in some form unless some form of retribution is paid. A villian somehow catches wind of the whole story and uses the situation for their own greed. (27)
Hmmmm Maybe I'll write this one or at least attempt it :D since Wrath of the Zombie Queen is pretty much ready, and I could use the writing skills again XD
Here's a little bit of what I had in mind.
Cover: Newspaper showing a hero (Relik) without his helmet and covering up his face,
Newspaper: Hero unmasked, learn the identity of a famous secret double life!!!
Written by : Sux
Heroes: Relik, HUB, Wireless, Shadow Fox, Bombshell
Villains: Change, Mr. Face, Widow
Plot: When Melissa April, a tough journalist who has a grudge against meta's discovers the idenity of Relik and taking several photo's of him, decides to blackmail him into finding the man who killed her sister, and along the way Mr. Face and Change discover this interesting bit of info and decide to see how much Reliks idenity can be sold to the villain community. While HUB, Wireless, Shadow Fox and from the shadows Bombshell try their best to destroy any trace of the photos before its too late.
Another question would of course be when to do this.
But people could give an amount of pages up-front, with the understanding that it might be adjusted to less or more, depending. Heck, I'm working out what opening pages would be like, and have a general idea as to how they would go, but don't know how many pages it would take. I'd try to keep the number to a more managable amount, but I really like the character I've developed for this.
And I could see this as a long-running project by its nature. I want to start it as soon as I'm done drawing my pages for What You Believe, so I can get my portion done and ready to send to whoever would want to go next (and I hope I set up something fun). Of course, my idea would involve it taking place on the HA base, and I'm no good at backgrounds (and I want to show good shots of the scene out the windows because, gosh darn it, undersea is beautiful). We'll see what happens with it, and if that setting remains the same.
I may start a topic about this when things get further along for me. Or should I start one now?
-Are there any plans for developing any kind of romantic relationship between any of the characters? I think Brad and Bleeder would be an interesting pair, or having Comet kid fawn over Vora would be fun to play around with too with them both being younger.
-It seems clear we basically have a core team that is the focus of each chapter(pretty much everyone who appeared in the first issue)r, I think we should have a short issue adress the others that are members but not part of the core team.
-The US government sending one of it's top agents to collect info about HA.
-A cross dimensional fight with the "Golden Age" versions of HA
-(about the secret identity thing) Imp doesn't really have one, he doesn't lead a double life. His birthname is Julian but he was raised in secret and home schooled, being a hero is a full time job for him fincanced by Crowne Entertainment.
-I guess I should provide a proper explanation of how HA got their undersea base with a short segment between chapters?
- I wouldn't mind a showcase of all-new characters myself, could be fun if it's handled well, and still feels like it brings the storyline forward.
- Would this be a good or a bad sort of agent?
- Could be fun, but personally, I might think that cross-dimensional adventures is a bit too big for the first season of HA. I'm not saying I wouldn't have any ideas for a little deconstructive/reconstructive treatment of the Golden Age myself. ^^
- Would be a nice filler or alternatively a good thing to burn a few flashback pages on.
- There are no plans I'm currently aware of, but I'd be all for it. It's true what Seb says - ultimately, the creators have to decide -, but I think HA is a place to stretch the rules a bit. I've said this quite often, but I don't regard HA as "canon". Rather, I try to go with what feels right for the character, given the context. Also, I think fun can be more important than canon...
I sort of disagree with Seb on the "taking up too much place in the story" part. Most of the time, I have to argue with people about cutting down on fights. Seems like every superhero writer wants to write and/or see fights, first and foremost. Whereas I think balance is the most important thing. So, since there's NO romance AT ALL, introducing some can't hurt. (Of course I agree with Seb about the "too much" part, it's just that "too much" is relative...)
As for specific pairings, well... I could imagine anything XD (Bombshell needs to get some sometime ^_________^)
- I'm not sure you mean "all-new characters", as Seb said. I think you just mean: characters which weren't in the first issue. Or: characters which have been an "inofficial" part of the team (such as in forum discussions), but haven't shown up yet. And yes, I agree, we should adress that. Macattack had this script for a chapter showcasing the young heroes on the team, and if it was up to me, we'd have all sorts of teams, and not always the big guns. More a "Brave and the Bold" sort of thing (these days, everybody's probably thinking about the cartoon, but I'm actually more acquainted with the comic... but I guess they're similar enough).
- That might be one way of adressing potential political repercussions the formation of HA might have. I think we should adress those sometime, in some form or other. It's probably more pressing once HU is dissolved...
- YES! Cross-dimensional fight with golden age characters!! I'm all for it. Regarding what Seb said: I wouldn't make the whole cross-dimensional thing a huge plot point. Important is how the characters play off each other. Explaining stuff is for geeks :P (Kidding...)
- Yeah, that would be good.
As for romance... I think I secretly plot all my stories as if most the guys under the age of 20 are crushing on Vora and the rest crush on Bombshell :P I know I once had an entire conversation with Tempest once about how Wireless would act around Vora which was fun and kind of cute. Ended up being that Kyle would be shy around all the heroes as he really doesn't picture himself "A real hero" (which is a plot point I REALLY like playing off of with "What is a hero?") and Vora began talking with him and they were having fun. Then She had to go get something and... I think it was Imp mentioned something about her and suddenly Kyle got really awkward and was trying to avoid her with her trying to figure out what was wrong.
Ya... can't remember it exactly but it was actually loads of fun (though Kyle, despite crushes, is going to end up liking someone else) And really, romance doesn't have to take any words at all. I mean just HOW the characters interact with each other, how they look at each other... you can REALLY tell a lot of "Crushing, in love, respect, hate" from body language
Depends on your point of view I guess, but he/she would be the antagonist of the chapter. Im just adressing the point that the US government can't be 100% okay with a cabal of superteam taking up base near Puerto Rico.
-I wouldn't mind a showcase of all-new characters myself, could be fun if it's handled well, and still feels like it brings the storyline forward.
No its more like I mean the characters that aren't on the main team from the first book should have a chapter where a subgroup is formed and have thier chance to shine. Like how the Xmen have several different teams (X-force, New Mutants, X Factor, Generationm X etc...)
-As for specific pairings, well... I could imagine anything XD (Bombshell needs to get some sometime ^_________^)
We should definatley look into which members would make good pairs for each other!
-Then She had to go get something and... I think it was Imp mentioned something about her and suddenly Kyle got really awkward and was trying to avoid her with her trying to figure out what was wrong
Imp would definatley tease Kyle about sexual tension with Vora haha
I'll get to work on a short filler about the base.
As for getting the other characters together... what if there was an issue where the main team dissapeared or were kidnapped and one member or one hero who just payed close attention (Dr Destiny perhaps) gathered a team of secondary heroes to try and figure out what happened and rescue them... totally can see this montage of the different heroes fighting their own battles as Dr. Destiny swoops in out of no where to end the fights and call them off :P