I was watching my old DVDs of Led Zeppelin, and it occurred to me how skinny they looked... and how a lot of rock bands all looked like that in the 70's. And then I thought about how bands tend to have particular looks in whatever decades. So I made a quick pic of some different decade looks:
- Big, beefy, neatly dressed roackabillies from the 50's (the term might not be that old, but that's what they were).
- The slimmer moddish look from the 60's with a neat suit and stupid hair.
- Crazy haired skinny, messy people from the 70's.
- Beefy, muscled up, styled haired, "normally" dressed (in a contrived way), people from the 80's.
- Scruffy fatties with lank hair from the 90's.
- Oiled up, overly muscled up, pants falling off, kiddy mowhawk hair from the 2000's.
Obviously that is an extremely limited look at things... There are a LOT more styles to things in those decades than what I've characterised here. So it'd be interesting if somebody wanted to do an alternative version.
The Look of rockbands over the years...
ozoneocean at 7:42PM, Dec. 12, 2008
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
lba at 8:28PM, Dec. 12, 2008
Yeah, the mainstream has gotten a bit fatter and baggier over the years, but a lot of underground bands have kept that slim look. Like these guys . They're part of the post hardcore scene which evolved from emo and it's characteristic skinny pants and almost-emaciated style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
©2011-2012 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved