ozoneocean [..] wrote:
X Men Origins, or is it Wolverine Origin? I dunno...
Anyway, this one was a lot more solid and better filmed than the first one, better story too. And very good acting from everyone, apart from the Sabretooth guy.
- Too much silly wire-foo.
- Too many repeats of the same helicopter shots of the same sorts of "pick-up truck" going over the same sorts of country road. I think that was in at least 3 different scenes.
- Too many... I dunno how to describe it, but basically when it would be logical for a character to kill another character because that is where their story motivation took them, they ALWAYS changed their minds at the last second. WTF?
e.g. Wolverine vows to kill Sabretooth several times and yet whenever he gets the chance he never does.
He doesn't even kill the evil Colonel any of the chances he gets and nor does his "girlfriend"... And so on.
So that part of the writing seemed very awkward. It makes you question whether the Logan character is actually sincere about anything. It makes him seem much weaker than he should be, since he doesn't spare these people for the sake of mercy, it's just because "something else" comes up.
And that's all. As I say, it was pretty solid all up.
1. It's Wolverine Origins, I think. It wasn't about the Xmen.
2. WO was terrible. I'm not speaking from the POV of a Marvel fan -- I'm not. I'm speaking from the POV of a writer and movie watcher. The first Xmen was a much better movie.
3. And yes, Sabertooth was terrible in this movie. And the script is a complete hack: Sabertooth is not related to Logan, even I know that. Not every villain needs to be the main character's brother/father/friend/former colleague. I'm seeing that way too much in the Marvel movies.
4. And yes, if one superhero movie could do with zero wire fu, it'd be a movie about Wolverine.
5. Even though the movie completely butchered the comic book canon, and has no relationship to its supposed X-men "sequels"... it still could not break from comic book mantra and KILL OFF CHARACTERS. Why didn't Sabertooth die? It's not as if he's the Xmen movie Sabertooth. Why didn't Deadpool die? As if they can do anything in the future with the dead-end they wrote this Deadpool into? The movie has no redeeming value for me.