man...I leave and go to my two jobs, come back, and look what happens. Drama erupts on the forums...but that's nothing new.
What you need to know from me.
1. I don't need or expect all 5's. I guarantee that some of the pages are not going to be 5 worthy, because I'm a growing and developing artist. I really want people to tell me what they think I can do to improve, what they like, and what they don't like.
2. I used a talent/ability that I have and put it to good use. I'm sorry if this has offended people, or that people think that it is unfair. I really didn't mean to make anyone mad, I'm not forcing anyone to participate.
3. Thank you, thank you to all of you who have looked and commented and rated...it was so wonderful for you to take the time to do that. After Anime Iowa, I plan on checking all the links of people who have commented and (if you want) will comment and rate on all your pages. I think that its only fair. And it gives me a great number of artists to check out here at Drunk Duck. And some of you will notice that I've already started, but lack the time in the next two weeks to continue until after the 7th.
4. I don't plan this to be my only contest...I'll probably run this thing again. If you don't have time to participate this time, maybe next time. Next time maybe I'll make it only 1/2 of the page in a given time period...who knows.
So here's what this contest offers:
1. A chance to win a plushie
2. A 25% off a commission coupon if you participate
3. A guarantee that I will look at your comic and do the same as you have done for me.
4. A chance for you to help me become a better artist, and hopefully read something you enjoy in the process.
For those of you that despise this: Look at my comic and ask yourself: "If there was not a contest that I hated going on, would I read it, would I enjoy it, and would it be worth my time?"
I will definitely let you guys know about hits and favorites and all that fun stuff. If anything else, it will be a good research experiment :-D
That said, thatreevesgirl, I would pay you good money to make a plushie of Reynardine and I get first dibs cos I'm admin right, right?!
I think its safe to say that nice administrators probably will :wink: I'll let everyone know when I'm open for commissions.
Thanks for everyone's opinions. If you've said your piece on how wrong you think this is, then it is noted and I don't think you need to bash anymore. Though we could open up a debate about this in that section of the forum...I've always loved a good debate (competed nationally in college forensics/debate). If someone starts a debate thread, link it here, let me know, and we can have some well-mannered dialouge on the issue (ah hell, we'll ARGUE).