All form fields are required.
Loki on Oct. 18, 2006
I try to update on a constant sheadual but my hand hurt and Okami wasn't about to play itself!
at 4:59PM, Feb. 3, 2007
YOU ALSO GO BY COOLTENDO! DON`T YOU!!!
at 2:46AM, Jan. 8, 2007
I want to play Okami *sniff* I can't afford to bye it right now. XD parents wont fork over the cash.
at 7:46PM, Dec. 6, 2006
at 8:25PM, Nov. 5, 2006
at 4:17PM, Nov. 3, 2006
Travelling Review: Poopdeck Swabbing
[b]Art[/b]: The art is pretty awesome, very similar to the works on KC Green, considering I am a huge fan of KC Green this can be taken as a nod of approval. The character designs are fun, and the expressions can be excellent at times.
The line art can use a bit of work, itÃ¢â¬â¢s not bad, but some line variation would be nice to see. Also, while the Ã¢â¬Åcamera anglesÃ¢â¬Â you use are suitable, but can be varied a bit more. For the most part, you seem to use a continual mid shot on the characters. Generally, the mid shot seems to consist of most of the body, but no feet in the scene, and the camera doesnÃ¢â¬â¢t really have much distance variation in many of the panels, where it could work. Mind you, I donÃ¢â¬â¢t suggest crazy cinematography for every panel, but some punch lines, gags and elements can be heightened with a different perspective or more warping of the shot. Hopefully I am communicating this effectively. IÃ¢â¬â¢ll provide samples if need be.
[b]Writing[/b]: While the art is certainly commendable, the writing, at least for me is very hit or miss. When you strike gold, you do well. Nothing that causes me to laugh out loud, but definitely something that makes me chuckle. (Keep in mind I am really critical and it takes a lot to make me laugh out loud.) However, if I were to use the law of percentages, only about 40% of your comic so far allows for that type of appreciation on my end. That leaves a good 60% of your comic floating along the amusement range. But by no stretch would I claim your comic is anything less than good. You do fantastically solid work, but of course, there is always room for refinement. You may wish to consider assigning someone to be an Ã¢â¬ÅeditorÃ¢â¬Â of sorts, to bounce your ideas and gags off of, just to be sure youÃ¢â¬â¢re always putting forth your best ideas. Your pacing is good, fairly standard IÃ¢â¬â¢d say, nothing feels too slow or too fast.
[b]Other[/b]: I dislike the amount of filler in the comic, it disrupts the archive. Granted, your filler is quality, and nice enough on its own, itÃ¢â¬â¢s better shown as extras or part of an art blog or gallery. It shouldnÃ¢â¬â¢t be mixed in with the flow of the comic since filler is in its very nature disruptive. You comic is good, and generally while I try to avoid comic strips (I prefer longer form narratives) I canÃ¢â¬â¢t bring myself to give you higher than a 4 due to the abundant filler and the sporadic humor of the comic.
[b]Bottom Line[/b]: 4- Solid Comic, needs a bit more refinement.
at 8:21PM, Oct. 31, 2006
It's been like 2 weeks. Put down that damn controller and update.
I NEEDZ DA' JUICE MAN!!
You know what it's like 1 a.m and I get very abusive.
I Hate Dirt
at 5:06PM, Oct. 24, 2006
at 7:48PM, Oct. 22, 2006
I know where you've been and what you have been up to... and I think its the greatest cooltendo comic ever! Super Squad HooOe!
at 10:42PM, Oct. 19, 2006
I am upset by a lack of Oy.
at 6:22PM, Oct. 19, 2006
Loki, do you have a Deviant?
at 3:35PM, Oct. 19, 2006
Well, this ain't no Poopdeck Swabbing, but it'll keep me satisfied, that's for damn sure! Heh heh, look at ol' Roland... Staring off into space, wearing the goofy smirk on his face. That's classic. I also hear what you're saying in your little shpeel there. We all get our lives mixed up with our artwork, and life usually comes first. Anyways, well done sir.
at 2:38PM, Oct. 19, 2006
at 12:07PM, Oct. 19, 2006
You there. Stop playing Okami! You paintbrush using, wolf moving, god like foo!
at 11:56AM, Oct. 19, 2006
DUde, Okami is an awesome game. Issun is my hero!
at 11:28AM, Oct. 19, 2006
I enjoy Roland.